Sunday, October 26, 2008

04. One Night @Call center




One night @ call Center is Chetan’s second book.

To be frank I did not like it very much. :( .

The way Chetan made different characters was really good.

If we just think their name we could visualize them.

There is something really funny in Acknowledgements:

“On the same note, I want to thank all woman who rejected me; too many to name here. Without them, I would not have known the pain of rejection”. (xii)

But even after working in a technical support center for one year, I feel that his idea of night in call center is not real and it is distorted.

I could not digest the idea of God calling and all but the concepts he try to convey were nice.

And I feel the way the author presented average American was really pathetic.

Yea, it is true there are some dumb in many.

If you look at stats Indians are not going to be different.

Even I had personal experiences with those type of people, you cannot say they all are dumbs.

What if tomorrow some call center agents from other countries portrait Indians in the same way?

In a scale of 5 this can’t go more than 2.



No comments: